Fort Worth Bike Sharing is seeking a parttime Fleet Technician/Mechanic to assist in the daily operation of the Fort Worth B-Cycle bike share system. The parttime fleet technician will primarily be responsible for delivering Bcycles to bike share stations throughout Central Fort Worth, basic station maintenance, and Bcycle repair and maintenance. Applicants for this position should have good bicycle mechanic skills, a valid driver’s license and good driving record, strong customer service skills, and be able to work independently.
- Relocate Bcycles between stations using a pickup truck (with trailer) and mountain bike (with trailer)
- Bcycle maintenance: Perform basic bicycle maintenance, inflate tires, change flats, lubricate chains, and adjust brakes and shifters.
- Make minor repairs or adjustments of hardware inside Bcycle stations
- Must be able to complete the above maintenance in public, while interacting with customers and passersby.
- Monitor station performance on the Bcycle database
- Deliver B-cycles to special events.
In order to execute the responsibilities of this position, applicants should:
- Possess bike mechanic skills (specified above)
- Be able to repeatedly lift bicycles weighing 50 pounds to a height of no less than 36”
- Be able to work while standing for extended periods
- Be able to work outdoors in extreme (rain, wind, heat) weather
- Have a solid working knowledge of Fort Worth’s layout, streets, and geography
- Have the skill to drive and park a pickup truck with trailer in traffic in a safe manner
- Have the stamina and conditioning to ride a bicycle towing a heavy trailer
- Be able to analyze system needs based on realtime web based reporting, anticipate shortterm needs of the system, and distribute the bikes accordingly
- Preference given to candidates who are bilingual and have some computer and/or electrical experience.
Hours: This position is parttime (15-20 hours per week) and will include weekends and some nights. Shifts may vary weekly.
Start time: ASAP
Location: Roving, otherwise at 201 South Calhoun, Suite 113
Supervisor: Operations Manager
To apply, please email your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.