Community Outreach Coordinator
Summary of Position: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Outreach Coordinator implements educational programs and other initiatives that promote the use of the Fort Worth BCycle system through partnerships with various institutions, organizations, and members of the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead in-house community engagement initiatives
- Recruit and manage outreach volunteers and interns to help in community engagement efforts
- Attend community meetings and events in order to report on FWBS events and initiatives
- Effectively engage Fort Worth’s diverse communities through events, meetings, group rides, etc.
- Gather and organize date to measure and report on FWBS’ outreach and engagement efforts
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager to coordinate marketing for engagement activities including social media, handouts, etc.
- Work with Executive Director to ensure sufficient funding for outreach and engagement initiatives
- Assist staff with other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Over 21 with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Lift up to 55 lbs. without assistance or injury
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to speak confidently in public
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Attention to detail and willingness to adapt to new situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Preference will be given to applicants fluent in Spanish
- Preference will be given to Fort Worth residents
The Community Outreach Coordinator is a part-time, hourly position with potential to transition into a full-time position after one year. Interested candidates please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.