Part-Time Fleet Technician
Summary of Position: To assist in the daily operation of the Fort Worth B-Cycle bike share system. The part-time fleet technician will primarily be responsible for delivering BCycles to bike share stations throughout Central Fort Worth, basic station maintenance, and BCycle repair and maintenance. Applicants for this position should have good bicycle mechanic skills, a valid driver’s license and good driving record, strong customer service skills and be able to work independently.
Duites & Responsibilities:
- Relocate BCycles between stations using a pickup truck (with trailer) and mountain bike (with trailer)
- Bcycle maintenance: Perform basic bicycle maintenance, inflate tires, change flats, lubricate chains and adjust brakes and shifters.
- Make minor repairs or adjustments of hardware inside Bcycle stations
- Must be able to complete the above maintenance in public, while interacting with customers and passersbyers.
- Monitor station performance on the BCycle database
- Deliver BCycles to special events.
In order to execute the responsibilities of this position, applicants should:
- Possess bike mechanic skills (specified above)
- Be able to repeatedly lift bicycles weighing 50 pounds to a height of no less than 36”
- Be able to work while standing for extended periods
- Be able to work outdoors in extreme (rain, wind, heat) weather
- Have a solid working knowledge of Fort Worth’s layout, streets and geography
- Have the skill to drive and park a pickup truck with trailer in traffic in a safe manner
- Have the stamina and conditioning to ride a bicycle towing a heavy trailer
- Be able to analyze system needs based on real time web based reporting, anticipate short-term needs of the system and distribute the bikes accordingly
- Preference given to candidates who are bilingual and have some computer and/or electrical experience.
Hours: This position is part-time (12-20 hours per week) and will include weekends and some nights. Shifts may vary weekly.
Start time: ASAP
Location: Roving, otherwise at 201 South Calhoun, Suite 113
Supervisor: Operations Manager
To apply, please email your interest and qualifications to email@example.com
Community Outreach Coordinator
Summary of Position: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Outreach Coordinator implements educational programs and other initiatives that promote the use of the Fort Worth BCycle system through partnerships with various institutions, organizations, and members of the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead in-house community engagement initiatives
- Recruit and manage outreach volunteers and interns to help in community engagement efforts
- Attend community meetings and events in order to report on FWBS events and initiatives
- Effectively engage Fort Worth’s diverse communities through events, meetings, group rides, etc.
- Gather and organize date to measure and report on FWBS’ outreach and engagement efforts
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager to coordinate marketing for engagement activities including social media, handouts, etc.
- Work with Executive Director to ensure sufficient funding for outreach and engagement initiatives
- Assist staff with other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Over 21 with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Lift up to 55 lbs. without assistance or injury
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to speak confidently in public
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Attention to detail and willingness to adapt to new situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Preference will be given to applicants fluent in Spanish
- Preference will be given to Fort Worth residents
The Community Outreach Coordinator is a part-time, hourly position with potential to transition into a full-time position after one year. Interested candidates please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.